Monday, January 14, 2008

Just because I'm married, Doesn't mean I'm Dead...

It's really funny how much life changes after marriage. I enjoy the married life so much and am so blessed to have married a man who treats me like a queen. Priorities of mine are different now, yes...My husband will always be my top priority. I just wish people wouldn't assume so much of us because of our marriage to each other. Any of our friends who really know us, know that we've never been big party people and we're not the type to just hang out in a bar. We met some friends for drinks a while back and later one mentioned " you guys didn't seem that comfortable at the bar, I felt bad." I said "well yeah we didnt really know anyone there...And we just don't usually go to the bar" I mean, who doesn't feel awkward in a situation where everyone knows each other except you? Her automatic response, "oh, because you're married?" What the hell? Why would that be any REASON WHY we don't hang out in bars? All of a sudden we're an old married couple who isn't fun because we don't go to a stupid bar? I love this couple very much, but the comment made just annoyed me.

My friends have totally different lives than I do, and I respect that. But it doesn't make me want to dismiss any of them or treat them any differently as my friends. I miss hanging out with them very much, but I know it's hard for them and myself to always drive to opposit cities. Its expensive on gas and where I live most would consider the middle of nowhere. It's really not that bad, I like it. It's beautiful...I wake up every morning and get to see the beautiful mountains. Not to mention, a nice, quiet neighborhood away from the city.

Anyway, I just want my friends to know that just because I am married...Doesn't mean I forgot them or will ever forget them. I love them all equally the same.

No comments: